Your mission is to write a bot (some code) to transform a website into open data
This is the site in question: http://www.bi.go.id/id/publikasi/dpi/default.aspx
This is one for people with technical skills - specifically coding in Ruby or Python (other languages are in the pipeline)
Here's how we suggest you go about it:
- Start by clicking 'Accept this mission' on this page. Don't worry, you can always give up if you can't finish it.
- You'll write the scraper using our "Turbot" framework. Head over to the Turbot website to and click "Start contributing" to read a getting started guide.
- If you have any questions, whether they are technical or about the data, get in touch and ask!
- When you think you've written a suitable bot, submit it for review using the Turbot command line tool.
- Once we've checked over the data, we'll either tell you if anything needs to be fixed or we'll accept the bot which means your mission will be complete!
The scraper for this mission will involve creating a single dataset from multiple pages or documents, read the following instructions for guidance on how to approach this. Not all pages and documents will provide the same data so you may need to write several bots to complete this mission.
Still not sure? Don't worry!
Whilst this does require you to be able to code, its probably not as hard as you think. Take a look at our example bots to get a feel for what's required.