Your mission is to write a bot (some code) to transform a website into open data
This is the site in question: https://www.regafi.fr/spip.php?rubrique3
This is one for people with technical skills - specifically coding in Ruby or Python (other languages are in the pipeline)
Here's how we suggest you go about it:
- Start by clicking 'Accept this mission' on this page. Don't worry, you can always give up if you can't finish it.
- Head over to http://turbot.opencorporates.com to find some instructions on getting started.
- Your mission is to write some code to retrieve the site from https://www.regafi.fr/spip.php?rubrique3 and turn any information relating to companies into a JSON object, which you'll then print to STDOUT (
- If data isn't in English that's fine - any raw data relating to companies is what we're after here.
- When you think you've written a suitable bot, follow the instructions at http://turbot.opencorporates.com to submit the data for review
- Once we've checked over the data, we'll either tell you if anything needs to be fixed or we'll accept the bot which means your mission will be complete!
Still not sure? Don't worry!
Whilst this does require you to be able to code, its probably not as hard as you think. Take a look at one of our example bots to get a feel for what's required.